SurveyMonkey is growing fast - real fast – and we’re just getting started. We’re on a mission to power the curious: Our platform empowers 17 million active users and 300,000+ organizations to measure and understand feedback from virtually anyone, including their customers and markets. Over the past three years we have expanded our platform to address three massive markets; we have scaled an enterprise business from zero to nearly $100M in revenue at hypergrowth rates; and we have become a public company. What will the next three years look like? Join us and help build it.
Who We Are
We are a dynamic team of former investment bankers, data analysts, and technology finance professionals that enjoy solving the challenges that come with rapid scaling. Our goal is to grow SurveyMonkey as fast, and as profitably, as possible. Our role is to drive and inform some of SurveyMonkey’s most important business and financial decisions.
Why SurveyMonkey Needs You
We have mountains of data, and we need a data-driven Senior Financial Analyst to join the Product Strategic Finance team. This is a highly visible role that will have a hand in shaping the future of SurveyMonkey’s business.
Why You Need SurveyMonkey
The position offers a steep learning curve, a platform to influence significant decisions, exposure and accountability to SurveyMonkey’s senior leadership team, and the benefit of driving strategic projects. You’ll be contributing to SurveyMonkey’s growth and tackling some of our most difficult problems, with a direct connection between your activities and the company’s success.
- Embed with the business and provide strategic finance partnership to various senior leaders throughout the Product organization.
- Drive, improve, and forecast some of SurveyMonkey’s most critical financials such as forecasting revenue and bookings and key topline metrics including acquisition, engagement, conversion, and retention.
- Provide regular analysis and insights that influence our business strategy and operational plans.
- Partner with our corporate finance team to deliver analysis and reporting to our Board of Directors.
How You’d Spend Your Day
- Initiating and authoring insightful analyses on self-serve metrics and financials - Your business partners rely on you to analyze the performance of the business and help consider various financial cases and scenarios.
- Example: Working with the growth team to model out the impact of the launch of new packages.
- Leading projects and driving growth – In your unique position, you will have the opportunity to identify areas of opportunities and play a meaningful role in driving impact.
- Example: Dig into the drivers of retention and partner with the product team to ideate potential solutions.
- Managing a sizeable financial portfolio - You’ll actively lead forecasting and financial planning for a portion of our Product organization.
- Example: Working with our Product team to distill significant amounts of data and inputs into a succinct investment case and plan for consideration by our CEO and CFO.
Who You Are
- You have 1-3 years of experience with time spent within a top technology company.
- Team environments are your jam; you practice confidence without attitude or ego.
- You are a poised communicator and are not hesitant to voice your point of view.
- You’re an excel guru and know your way around SQL. You can pull multiple data types, run analyses and build reports/dashboards.
- You take pride in your analytical skills and enjoy applying them to tackle highly complex business problems.
- You can communicate the results of complex analyses in a clear, concise manner.
- You have a reputation for navigating networks of systems and people to find the information you need – but you don’t stop there: You tell the compelling story behind the data through relevant insights and conclusions.
- You’re a structured thinker and have a strong command of “the details,” but don’t get lost in them.
- Executing projects end-to-end comes naturally to you.
- Prioritizing multiple work streams and various constituents comes as second nature.
At SurveyMonkey, we offer competitive salaries, medical/dental benefits, PTO, 401k, paid holidays and parental leave, and equity compensation.
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.