SurveyMonkey is growing fast - real fast – and we’re just getting started. We’re on a mission to power the curious: Our platform empowers 17 million active users and 300,000+ organizations to measure and understand feedback from virtually anyone, including their customers and markets. Over the past three years we have expanded our platform to address three massive markets; we have scaled an enterprise business from zero to nearly $100M in revenue at hypergrowth rates; and we have become a public company. What will the next three years look like? Join us and help build it.
Who We Are
We are a dynamic team of former investment bankers, consultants, and technology finance professionals that enjoy solving the challenges that come with rapid scaling. Our goal is to grow SurveyMonkey as fast, and as profitably, as possible. Our role is to drive and inform some of SurveyMonkey’s most important business and financial decisions.
Why SurveyMonkey Needs You
We are searching for a seasoned leader to join our team as part of our Sales financial planning and analysis efforts for $1B+ revenue scale; a highly visible role that will have a hand in shaping the future of SurveyMonkey’s business.
Why You Need SurveyMonkey
The position offers a steep learning curve, a platform to influence significant decisions, exposure and accountability to SurveyMonkey’s senior leadership team, and the benefit of driving strategic projects. You’ll be contributing to SurveyMonkey’s growth and tackling some of our most difficult problems, with a direct connection between your activities and the company’s success.
- Embed with the business and provide strategic finance partnership to various senior leaders throughout the Sales organization.
- Drive, improve, and forecast some of SurveyMonkey’s most critical and visible business metrics: Revenue, Annual Recurring Revenue (Bookings), AE productivity, Sales Capacity, etc.
- Own end-to-end financial planning (current quarter, current year, multi-year) for various teams across the global Sales organization.
- Provide regular analysis and insights that influence our business strategy and operational plans.
- Deliver concise reporting and analysis of key metrics to Sales business partners, ensuring key drivers, issues, and required actions are deeply understood.
- Partner with our corporate finance team to deliver analysis and reporting to our Board of Directors.
- Design and deliver strategic projects.
How You’d Spend Your Day
- Initiating and authoring insightful financial analyses - Your business partners rely on you to help consider various financial cases and scenarios - you are the point person for building detailed financial models, extracting insights, and providing concise, actionable recommendations.
- Example: Working with Sales Leadership to optimize our spend and hiring plans to build the appropriate future Sales Capacity required to hit our future Bookings growth goals based on attainment and productivity trends.
- Executing the end-to-end planning process – A significant portion of your role will be focused on partnering with Strategic Finance leadership to build and drive a world-class quarterly and annual planning process.
- Example: Partnering with our growth team to analyze pricing and packaging decisions aimed at increasing revenue.
- Managing a sizeable financial portfolio - You’ll actively lead forecasting and financial planning for a portion of our Sales organization.
- Example: Working with our Sales Leadership team to distill significant amounts of data and inputs into a succinct investment case and plan for consideration by our CEO and CFO.
Who You Are
- You have 2-5 years of experience with time spent in investment banking, consulting, or finance and operations within a top technology company.
- Team environments are your jam; you practice confidence without attitude or ego.
- You are a poised communicator and are not hesitant to voice your point of view.
- You’re an excel guru and know your way around SQL. You take pride in your analytical and financial modeling skills and enjoy applying them to tackle highly complex business problems.
- You have a reputation for navigating networks of systems and people to find the information you need – but you don’t stop there: You tell the compelling story behind the data through relevant insights and conclusions.
- You’re a structured thinker and have a strong command of “the details,” but don’t get lost in them.
- Executing projects end-to-end comes naturally to you.
- Prioritizing multiple work streams and various constituents comes as second nature.
At SurveyMonkey, we offer competitive salaries, medical/dental benefits, PTO, 401k, paid holidays and parental leave, and equity compensation.
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.